Thursday, September 5, 2019

We're All Winners!

Hey y'all!  It's been a bit since I last posted, but at least it hasn't been 2 years...  Let's jump right in.

I was at my last school for 6 years.  I was there for 2 principals, 2 assistant principals, 3 counselors, 4 teaching partners, and countless students.  That was MY school, MY home.  I always wanted to see that school succeed.  I wanted that school on top.  That school needed to be recognized for all of the great things going on within those walls.  Those teachers needed to be praised.  That principal needed to be revered.  Those students needed to be loved.  That school was my heart.  Is my heart. 

But what about the other schools?  The other principals?  The other students?  I don't have just one school anymore.  I have 17 schools, and I want to see them all succeed.  I want all of their great things to be seen.  I want all of those students to be loved. 

And that has been my biggest battle.

Schools that everyone whispers about are doing great things.  Schools that are deemed the "ugly duckling" are actually hidden gems.   There are such great things going on in this district, and I am truly honored to see it firsthand.  We have awesome teachers spanning 5 towns who pour their all into their teaching.  I mean, y'all!  Just seeing them makes me question my own teaching in the classroom.  They're doing things I've never dreamed of doing!  And the relationships they've built with their students are beautiful!  There definitely is a beautiful balance of loving kids while also maintaining a high amount of rigor in the classroom. 

There are days when I ask myself "how in the world did I get this job?"  I know it was a God-thing because this is truly my dream job.  Not only am I able to support teachers in their craft, but I can also witness the greatness unfold.  I can see "ah-ha" moments from teachers AND students.  I can talk with principals and not feel like I've gotten in trouble.  haha!  Nah.  Forget that.  I don't think that feeling ever goes away.  I've learned that teachers not only need support, but they also need validation.  "Is this a good idea, how do you think that went, did I teach that well?"  On that note...

I'm the person teachers come to when they have to ask a question.  Y'all, me!  ME!  What do I know?  Ha!  But I do feel like I'm building a great relationship with these teachers.  I have enjoyed getting to know the teachers in my district; they truly are phenomenal.

Well, until next time.

-Ms. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment